WE MATTER: Why Sense of Africa?
We believe in a synergistic approach to doing business where we are only as good as you are. We are committed to improving our suppliers’ and partners’ businesses.
- Sense of Africa is a division of Tourvest Destination Management (TDM) and a subsidiary of Tourvest Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Southern Africa’s leading diversified tourism company with operations across most of the travel spectrum (including retail, hospitality and foreign exchange).
- Tourvest comprises 67 sector leading brands and employs more than 4000 people.
- Our trusted partnerships with our suppliers throughout the country together with our buying power ensure that we secure the best availability at the very best rates.
- We have a vast selection of products and services created and perfected to suit different budgets and different requirements.
- All our tours, safaris and products are personally experienced and endorsed by our team before receiving our approval. Before we sell it, we live it.
- Ownership gives us full control over quality, service and price in respect of our wide range of guided scheduled tours and transport fleet.
- We have established, consistent and efficient work processes for procurement, HR, training, marketing and financial management which ensures uniform service delivery across countries, with access to effective marketing collateral designed for your benefit.
WE GROW: An ever-expanding African footprint
- We have established an African footprint throughout sub-Saharan Africa, with clearly defined and synchronised products and services. This ensures consistency in terms of work processes and standards in reservation departments and on-the-ground support.
WE DELIVER: How we make it happen?
- Our people are the vehicle through which we deliver our promise.
- From a Travel Consultant to a Tour Guide, we are an intensely personal, highly motivated and passionate team of skilled individuals who understand the industry we work in and are committed to exceed customers’ expectations at all times.
- Although our footprint is across Africa, the tracks in each region belong to local shoes; our travel consultants live in the destination and have in depth knowledge and valuable insight into little-known tour and safari destinations.
- All travel experiences are tailor-made based on our own experience and client feedback and are thoroughly tested to showcase our own exacting standards.
- Accommodation, transport and activities are chosen in response to the clients specific requirements, be it comfort, availability, time, ease of access or budget, in prime locations with extensive sightseeing opportunities.
- Our operational strength means that we co-ordinate and manage all aspects of an itinerary or project on your behalf.
- We offer a 24/7 meet and greet service, which ensures your peace of mind from arrival to departure.
- We offer a 24/7 emergency duty phone, which means that your immediate travel needs are taken care of quickly and efficiently.
- We offer a 24/7 breakdown/backup service on all guided tours with emergency medical evacuation cover.
WE INNOVATE: Your security in a changing world
- The evolution of online space means that flexibility is essential. TDM has developed a business that is highly adaptable and solution-driven, regardless of fluctuations in the economic climate. These solutions are being rolled out to the individual brands in different destinations.
WE CARE: Practising responsible tourism
- We walk the talk when it comes to protecting the environment and uplifting communities.
- We appreciate that we are part of a larger community and that we have a responsibility towards our natural as well as social environments. Our varied programs are aimed at fulfilling our corporate responsibility in trying to support the balance between the environment, sustainability and conservation, community involvement, sport, skills sharing and profit.
- Social responsibility to our community is delivered through sustainable practices, preferential support and financial contributions.